Friday, February 02, 2007

Today.

I went bowling with some friends. I ran into 3 kids from Teikyo outside of school! My world is getting smaller. I keep seeing all sorts of people that I have seen before, even though it is the largest city on the planet. Anyway, speaking of my world getting smaller, I now have the entire country at my fingertips, and have no idea what to do. I have zero motivation to do anything, and then when I do nothing, I get really pissed off at myself for not doing anything productive.
I am supposed to go meet the professor tomorrow, but I don't really care for him, but don't really know why. There are a number of other things I could do tomorrow, but don't feel motivated to go do them.

Bummer.

Peter

1 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,

I'm looking forward to hearing about the libraries there, but that can wait. It's so easy to have time fly by when trying to computer stuff that I'd rather have you seeing what you can see before you come back.

A friend once told me, many years ago, "Action begets motivation." I've found that to be very profound. If I wait for motivation, I go nowhere. If I do something, it draws me in and I have more energy and it leads me into other areas as well.

Maybe choose something around photography or calligraphy - or maybe even something you think you have no interest in! Tell yourself you will spend 30-60 minutes but you have the freedom to spend more time if you want.

And sometimes we just need some down time. Be gentle with yourself!

Barbara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home