Thursday, February 01, 2007

Free at last.

I spent the last couple of days cleaning, packing, and moving, and today, I left my house my bike, went to my host family's place of work to return the key and say good bye, and then, I was off. I rode to the Fukuda's, hung out, then went out again to dinner with Norie, her husband, and one of their friends, whose birthday it was. We had a nice dinner, and lots of fun conversation. I will post more later, but I have to go to bed, because we are going to wake up at 4 to go on an architecture tour!

Peter

1 Comments:

At 2:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,

I've never posted before - in fact, your blog is the first one that I've read consistently! Maybe not day after day, but now and then when I think, "I wonder how Peter's doing?"

This is Barbara from Children's Library. I'm so impressed with your tenacity in making it through a year full of challenges. It takes a lot of "grit" to move out of our familiar surroundings into a strange, wonderful world where not only do we have to learn the culture but our physical identity is so different than those around us. I bet you've learned things you don't even know you've learned about life, culture, and the wonder of being human.

Enough philosophizing. Thanks for sharing your experiences. We miss you here in Portland.

Barbara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home