Saturday, January 27, 2007

Done.


I had my last day of school today. There was a goodbye party in the last period, which was pretty pathetic. I went 9.5 months with that class and there are 4 people whom I have never talked to face to face. They gave me some cards and stuff, then I went and played with a bunch of kids after school. 10 people are karaoke, then 2 left, then we all left karaoke, one left on the way to the station, went to a game center, played games, took purikura, then 3 left, then 4 of us went bowling, then 1 left, then 3 of us went and ate ramen.
I was sitting on the train reading the cards, and I could hear the kids voices as I read the things that they had written. None of the things ment much to be, as more than half of them were like "thanks for teaching us English". I don't think that they think of me as a friend so much as a teacher.

Shitty.

I go on monday to return my uniform, and in exchange for that I get my diploma and report cards and stuff. I said that I had wanted to buy the uniform, and they said that you can buy it before you leave, but since the uniform is connected to the school, as long as I am in the school

's uniform, the school is responsible for me, and nobody wants to take responsibility for a kid like me.

Peter

4 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter's on the ladies' side! And peace-signing like them too. I support that.

Also, beautiful calligraphy, a pleasure to see.

Keith

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Peter said...

Yeah, its it terrible how they are seperated by gender perfectly. They chose to be like that.

I was put right in the middle.

I wish I had done a much cooler pose, but...I didnt.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter Loewi Peter Loewi Peter Loewi!
I really like how everyone else is trying to look so bad-ass and then you're just smiling away.

So now that you're done with school, what's the plan? Are you coming back to Portland? Going strait to Morris (do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars), or have you found a way to stay in Japan free of the program and your host family?

Sanford Wilson Sanford Wilson Sanford Wilson

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Peter said...

SanfordWilsonSanfordWilsonSanfordWilson!
One thing I really like about Japan is that there are a lot parks.
.
.
.
I have family, and I will also travel.
I should be back in Portland about the end of March.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home