Friday, December 29, 2006

That felt great.

Today was the coldest it has been all year, there is snow up north, but since snow doesn't fall in Tokyo, it was about 5 degrees celcius. However, the wind chill was probably below freezing, and fuck, was the wind strong.
Being an idiot, I decided to go for a bike ride! It was one of those days where I wish I had brought my camera, but then remembered that if I stopped to take pictures I would freeze, so I didn't. I rode about 52 kilometers, and it just felt great. I rode up one way, and back the same path, but going was hard. It took over an hour and a half to get to where I turned around because the wind kept my average speed to really slow. Coming home took me less than an hour!

I am hungry so I am going to get something to eat.

Peter

2 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter, you are stud-acious. Not just for biking in nipple freezing weather, but for kicking butt in grades in not just an exchange program, but one with an entirely different script. Jeez. I'm a total slacker in comparison, and yes, you ARE smarter. Ah, but my son, are you wiser? Hmmmm? I've got some years on ya. You rule,
Happy Chanukah, late but better than never,
N

 
At 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pio,

You would not be able to ride your bicycle in Denver though. They got 3 feet of snow last week, another foot yesterday, and six *more* inches expected today. The trees all look like they've been dipped in sugar.

Stay warm. At least our temperatures our mild. When the sun was out strong on Tuesday, I could walk Cranmer park in just a T-shirt. Now its about 25.

We have had dinner with Pat and Andy and Sammy (Mon), Ed and Jane Wasson (Tues), Don and Rosalie Schiff (Wed), and Kate and Kakie Wasson-Arnoud (thurs). We toasted you with Saki glasses in an Asian Fusian restaurant. Everyone asks about you.

lots of love, mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home