Sunday, December 24, 2006

A pretty good day?

I feel asleep yesterday about 8, and woke up this morning sore at about the same time. That was the first time I have slept 12 hours in a crazy long time. I kicked it for a little bit, waited for the rest of the family to get up, and I left the house about 9:30. The weather today was also fabulous. I went to the end of my pass, and started to walk. I took all of the small cute streets, walked through dozens of parks, and took heaps of photos, which I will post later, and send back some CDs probably next week.
It was still pretty early (about 3) so I decided to head over to the park and ride BMX bikes with some guys I met a couple weeks ago. I get to the park, and we rode for a little while in the woods, until we saw some flashing lights and then my day started to go downhill.
Since we were riding in the woods in a big public park, the authoritys are sorta loud about it, and don't encourage it at all, so we started to clear out a little bit. But wait, why would a fire truck and an ambulance come just to kick some bike riders out of the park? Well, they weren't. They passed by us, and went to a paddy less than 50 meters from where we were riding. We followed just to see what was up, as a whole lot of people were coming too.
There, in the woods, was, a hanging.
We couldn't, luckily, see very much, but it wasn't really what I was expecting my holidays to be like in a foreign country.
Considering that I too, not too long ago had thought (albeit not very seriously, but still, some) about it, it was a very odd feeling to me. That's not really the way I want to end up.

Let's talk about something happier, like the holidays!
Hanukkah is over, and I didn't get one fucking latke.
It is Chrismas eve.
I live in a foreign country.
With a host family I don't like.
I am still single.

Fuck this, I'm going to get my neighbor to buy me some beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home