Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Cold.

I had the day of today, (and yesterday and tomorrow, and the ending of the term ceremony is this friday!) and just kicked it for a little bit. I helped clean house, but it was actually the clinic that the family runs. It was dull, but then they bought me a really tasty lunch.
It hasn't been especially cold, always around 10 celcius, but I think I have also caught a cold, or maybe it is just that the Japanese are cold. Or all of them?
If they are aren't cold, then here is one thing they are, this is an excerpt from a conversation I had with an exchange student (half a year down on me, so I am the one advising!) She is a 16 year old Thai girl (but she bought the kids (12 and under) ticket when we went to the zoo!)
Me: You are lonely? Find a nice Japanese boy! (lots easier said than done, or at least finding a nice Japanese girl is!!!)
Nim: I don't like Japanese guys very much. They are all so, whats that word? It starts with an m...m...
Me: Misogynistic?
Him: Metrosexual!
Perms, shaved eyebrows, handbags, really funny looking pants, etc.

I am also very disappointed that I am unable to create posts that people will write comments for!

Peter

5 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Peter,

You know I love your blog. I don't want to be the first person to write, because I'm your mom. The fact is, the first thing I do each morning is to see if there is a new blog entry from Peter.

So, who is correct, you or your Thai friend? Are Japanese males misogynists or metrosexuals?

Love, mom

 
At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard japanese boys are overtly homosexual to one another...like a mirror image to a typical american girl. Ass slaps, they sit in each others laps, and yes the hand bags.

But it's not viewed as homosexual right? and if you know why japanese boys do this please inform us!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Peter said...

mom, they are both.
chris, Its not viewed as homosexual, that is true. I dont know about sitting on laps, but there is a lot of ass slaps (I get slapped randomly in the hall sometimes) and yes, lots of handbags. Really expensive brands, wow.

Japan, wow.

Peter

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter,

you have _got_ to see this article in the times, such cool architecture!

and, this was a great entry, just the kind of story I like to see/hear, because of the great language part. I'm no expert on Japanese social mores, but wasn't homosexuality always at least tolerated, at least among the samurai class? Certainly in Genji there is a great deal of seducing and lovemaking of the usual kind, but also men with decidedly "unmanly" pastimes: poetry, painting, calligraphy, etc.

much love,

da

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, I forgot the article URL:

http://arieff.blogs.nytimes.com/

da

 

Post a Comment

<< Home