Monday, October 29, 2007

Freelance Human Being

At the ACT, I was standing under the canopy (that's not the right word, is it?) watching the rain come down after the test. I was working up the energy to run all the way to the station in the rain!

Then, one of the girls I took the test with (an American) and a couple of the other kids at the school, asked me about me, because they had never seen me.

She: so, what do you?

I used the first word that came to my head, which is quite a strange choice

Me: uh, I'm freelance

She: like, a photographer

Me: no, like a person.

I then proceeded to skip the entire way to the station in the rain.

That's me, the freelance human being.

Damn, being freelance is hard!

2 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes, it sure is...

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Caroline P said...

I adore your blog, Peter. Great writing, great freelance sentiments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home