Monday, February 05, 2007

Ouch.

I couldn't get out of bed this morning until about 10:30. Then I couldn't get out of the house until about 12. And then I went for a walk and decided that I couldn't do it and went home. And so, I find myself inside at 1 in the afternoon on a beautiful monday afternoon in a foreign country full of things to do and I can't bring myself to get out the door.
I went to the Photography museum yesterday. Yesterday was really the first day that I have spent all by myself, and I'm not looking forward to another month of those.

I need to...
.
.
.
?

2 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Peter,

I'm sorry that you are feeling at a loss for what to do. Hardly surprising though. Would this be a time to see some of the cyclists you met when you first got to japan?

Is there a list of things to do in Tokyo that you can check each day?

You like being with young children. Is there a kindergarten class you can volunteer with? are there any college students looking for an English tutor?

Be kind to yourself. When you wanted to stay out in the evenings at your host family but couldn't, what sort of things did you imagine you were missing?

love, mom

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter,

Heads up; I left a comment about your Library post. Check there.

I hope you get into a groove soon. And your Mom is right. You are good with younger kids. We really appreciated your help volunteering at the summer reading table at MCL Children's Library.

I remember once when you had a very chatty little friend that hung out with you your whole shift. He thought you were the "man".

Anyway just a thought.....sorry if this comment from a total stranger sounds too parental....But I can't help it I'm a MOM too.

Sincerely,
Cindy W. MCL Children's Libray
email. cindyw@multcolib.org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home