Sunday, February 04, 2007

A night not to be forgotten.

So, yesterday I went to meet the professor, talked with him for a while. I will go to Okayama with him on the 15th, and stay for 3 or so nights, then maybe go to Hiroshima/do something else.
Then I went to the Calligraphy Museum, which was really really really cool.
Then I went to a temple to try and watch mamemaki, because it was Setsubun. Not that I actually really know what those are, but it was fun anyway. Then I get home, and in my email is a message from Norie, telling me about this fun event going on that night. So, I left the house about 9:30, and ran off to a basement in Nishi-Azabu. She had said club, but it had bar written on the sign. Oh well. Anyway, I go into this bar, and it was totally a really awkward situation for a while, sitting around, listening to the DJ's, watching some various art things going on, and then...it came. So, some people were playing, and a guy asked me in English 'do you want play?'
To which I responded in Japanese, that 'yes, I would like to try' and from that I got the whole talking to people thing down, which is always really hard for me, and then my turn came. But wait, let's see if you can guess what it was. By the way, I wasn't the youngest person there. There was a 9 year old girl there with her mother, who was having a blast!

Ok, I don't really know how we could play a guessing game with this, but what was there was:
.
.
.
Wii.

I went to a bar in Nishi-Azabu (right next to Roppongi) to play video games. It was hilarious. We played mostly the sports games, because you can play those with more people, and so it is more fun at a bar.

Roppongi, bar, bad performance art, clarinets and beat boxing (at the same time!), 9 year olds, Wii, and...beer from Oregon?

I had a sip, it wasn't very good. Chocolate beer? What the hell were they thinking?

Peter

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Peter,

I'm so glad you had fun at the club/bar. Your dad is intensely jealous that you got to play the Wii.
I agree with you about those nasty dark "special/seasonal" beers.

Can you explain what mamemake is?

Was that your first trip to the Calligraphy museum?

The trip to Okayama sounds interesting. I'll have to look on the map and see where that is.

love, mom

 
At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your grandpa is delighted you're having some fun and wish i could be there to share it with you.and i'm looking forward toseeing you before the year is out. love from your GRANDPA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home