Thursday, November 30, 2006

Holiday Spirit.

I just thought of something else that I could say. Japan is nuts about christmas. I have never been a big fan of christmas, mostly because of getting lousy presents, and not being able to open them until the middle of the afternoon after mom got home from church. Christmas was especially not fun at Lincoln, take for example this sample conversation.
Student A: what did you get for christmas?
Student B: A Benz.
Me: That's cool, I got some socks.

Anyway, despite being completely secular, I always try to but a little hanukkah cheer into people's life, especially when they forget about other religions (speaking of religion, I wonder how many Japanese actually know that christmas was originally a religious holiday). Anyway, today at school, some kid in the international course wished me a 'merry christmas' to which I responded with my usual (sort of) 'why thank you, but I am Jewish'.
And so, in the spirit of the holidays, and Japan, I have made a Holiday Haiku!
It was 5-7-5 in Japanese, but I decided it would be much more fun to translate it literally into English.
Here we go:

Christmas
Hate (informative statement). Why?
Jew.

Happy nearing the end of the Gregorian calendar!

Peter

2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter Loewi! Peter Loewi! Peter Loewi!
Global Persuit just won't be the same without you!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Sanford Wilson Sanford Wilson Sanford WIlson! Oh how I wil miss it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home