Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Some Hokkaido pictures.

This is the view from the top of Mt. Hakodate, looking down on to the city. We went the night before, the view at night is considered on of the 3 greatest night views in the world, along with Hong Kong and Napoli. I don't see how this is possible, considering Hakodate only has 30,000 people, but when we got to the top, it was cloudy, so we coulnt see anything! I quite liked the city, it has a great deal of foreign ideas, they being a great deal of happening there during the beginning of the Meiji Restoration, and some really cool history too.


This is the view from my hotel room. suckers!

gotta run, busy now.

Peter

1 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was there in 1946 the only way to get from Honshu to Hokkaido was by train-ferry from Aomori to Hakodate and thence by rail to Sapporo or whwerever. I never had the lovely views or the lovely hotel. At that time, in Hokkaido the wonderful baths you write about were co-ed, and the first time I went in one required courage, but I soon got accustomed to it and saw some lovely views!! Keep on blogging, I love it all!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home