Saturday, August 12, 2006

You know you are a fool when...

...you give up going for a ride in great weather to attempt to work on an English paper. I have about 250 words down! I will work for an hour or so and then go ride.
Aaron, great to hear from you, glad to hear that summer is treating you well, and that you can ride. Riding in Tokyo is much different than riding in Portland. Drivers are actually nice, dispite there being millions of them! You can just look a driver and open your mouth, and they will open the window and ask if you need anything. I asked a guy for directions going to Ikebukoro, which a big hub in the NW corner of the city. He told me how to get there, and then said it was rather far (about 6 kilometers from there, not far) and asked if I wanted a ride. I told him I was fine, and he told me take care. Whats the last time that happened in Portland?

also, for an interesting bit of comparison, check out my mom's blog at
http://360.yahoo.com/lhloewi
The metropolitan area (laughs out laud) of Morris, Minnesota is about 6000 times smaller than the metro area of Tokyo!

Peter