Saturday, July 08, 2006

Smooth, like chunky peanut butter.

Just so you know, ice cream is for lovers. I will get to that in a second. Today was my last full day in Tokyo for 3 weeks! It was also my last day at school until September, which has pretty sad, and I won't see a number of kids probably ever again, as they leave on their exchange programs in two weeks. I wished my class good luck in Canada (school trip), wished good luck to some of the kids going overseas, and left. Wait, no I didn't. So, I hate leaving. Especially when the girl that you like was taking a test. So I waited. And waited. And finally I caught up with her, with this really unsmooth technique. So, I got her email a couple of days a go, and 2 days ago, we mailed a whole bunch. At one point, I asked her what she was doing, and she said she was eating ice cream, and at the bottom of the message, there was an attachment. She had attached a picture of her Haagendaz (sp?) vanilla ice cream. What? I replied saying it looked really good, and that now I wanted to eat ice cream too. She said I should go and buy some, but she would have eaten hers ahead of mine. I didnt really know what that meant, so I asked, and she said she was making fun of me. According to her, people like good relations in Japan often make fun of each other. Then, the next day, after school I ate some ice cream and mailed her and said that I was sorry that I had eaten ice cream ahead of her. So, here is my peanut butter. Today, I said because yesterday and the day before had been at different times, if today, she wanted to eat ice cream with me. Smooth, like, well, ice cream? We stopped on the way to the station and each got melon shakes at McDonalds, which was pretty terrible, but her friend was with us, so we wont really count that. Then, we took the train to Shibuya, which is where she lives, and walked around. We went to a big everything store and she bought a game, then we went to a book store and she bought some manga. We stopped briefly infront of the Tour de France display and I talked to her a little about bikes. Then we just sorta walked. There werent any ice cream specialty stores near buy, so we were forced to get some ice cream from the conbini, which wasnt terrible, but not what I had really wanted. Then we walked some more, all in Shibuya, but into the residential area, which is very neat, because not at all what people think about when they think of Shibuya. We walked and talked for a bit, and then all of a sudden, she stopped. "Ok, I'm home." I had walked her home, which has weird, because I didnt know it. I said something along the lines about hanging out over summer, but it was rather vague, and then we parted. Bummer. I walked somemore and ended up in Yoyogi koen, which is a very large park with lots of cool things to do, and came across an Earth day esque festival. It reminded me of Saturday Market, but it was a bunch of Japanese pot smoking hippies, which was kinda fun. I met two nice highschool girls there, how I met them had to do with looking for the trash can, and I one of them tapped me on the shoulder, but I didnt see her, so I swung around and almost hit her, and we started talking from there. They wanted to take their picture with me, and I happily obliged. I got there emails too, but Id rather talk to the girl from my school. I went home after that, and as sorta of a goodbye party, though it was also good bye for my brother because he goes to Canada on the 10th, and we went to a yakiniku place, which if I translated directly it would come out along the lines of fried meat, but iot was one of those places where raw meat and vegis come, and you fry them yourselves on a little griddle in the middle of the table. Tasty!

I saw a really great shirt on a little boy the other day and wanted to take a picture, but it is really akward to ask a parent "Hi, can I take a picture of your 3 year old sons shirt?" It had a picture of a robot holding a soccer ball and the robot had the traditional manga sweat dropesque thing on his head, and it said "What is 'hand'?" Sweet.

Peter

3 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas, love is bitter sweet. Keep trying Peter, we believe in you!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger MasterTaco said...

Ya, you've got us cheering for ya ^_^ If you do get the girl from your school, I will freaking bow down to you, although, looks like you are doing quite a good job :P
So, what exactly are you doing this summer besides going to Kansai? o.O

 
At 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure you can take a picture of the 3 yr old's t-shirt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home