Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Day 2?

I slept in the living room again, which was nice and cool. I woke up with everyone nice and early, and took the bus with my mom to her work, at Ritsumeikan university. There, she pointed in a general direction, said "go that way, and be back in time for lunch" or something along those lines, and went off to work. So, I went to Kinkakuji, which is sometimes called the golden pavillion by those who cant pronounce Japanese, and boy, is it indeed gold. Took a bunch of pictures. Then I wandered around for a while, went to the Kyoto World Peace museum, and then went to Ritsumeikan. There, I inquired about foreigners entering Japanese universities, got some info, and met my mom for lunch. After lunch, she gave me a bus ticket, and I met my little brother and some of his friends who were done with school early. We went to a bunch of different temples, and waded through the really humid Kyoto weather. We came across a vintage bicycle shop. Can you say wooden rims?! Can you say really really expensive?! They sure can!

Peter

2 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Ezra said...

Even though the kinkakuji is in every Japanese postcard that doesn't have a picture of the Tokyo Tower, it's still really, really pretty and awesome.

I'm very much enjoying your posts, by the way.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home