Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cyclocross season has come!

I went to see my counselor yesterday to talk. I got soaked on the way. I want to ride my bike in the pouring rain. We talked for about 2 and a half hours, about what, I wont say for fear of boring you all, but it was all in Japanese, and afterwords, I left with another member of the staff and had a nice talk with him on the way to the station and on the train.
I have been running a bunch, training for the sports festival, and I have a bike fit this saturday. I will get that done, and then spend some money on my bike, because I want to ride really really really badly, and maybe see if I can race some cross! I almost started crying when I saw all the results from this last weekend. I miss veloshop soooooooooooooooooooo much!
I wrote calligraphy for 2 hours yesterday, 3 hours today, will write 1 hour tomorrow, and 2 on the day after!

Maybe I should ask my teacher if I can write "bicycle"? Cyclocross and Veloshop dont have characters, so that would be hard.

Peter

3 Comments:

At 2:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter:

Was out at Hood River last week and remembered to steer clear of the speed bumps ;). Not really -- actually, I broke a bone in my shoulder two thursdays ago when a full size pickup truck crossed the bike lane in front of me, pulling into the Fred Meyer parking lot at Lombard and Interstate. I think I hit right between the cab and the bed, so didn't leave a dent that I could see as I slipped into shock.

I am going to sit out a couple races.

Really bad timing - three days before local racing started.

Anyhow - hang in there!

Andy

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Peter said...

Andy! And I thought I was poorly off. Pity to hear that you had a bad experience like that, as well as having to miss out on cross, I know what that is like. But, I can say with experience, that it isn't the end of the world, and I am really glad to hear that truck only took you out of a couple races!

Peter

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter-
When will you be home? Hopefully in time for Track. ;) Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home