Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cyclocross season has come!

I went to see my counselor yesterday to talk. I got soaked on the way. I want to ride my bike in the pouring rain. We talked for about 2 and a half hours, about what, I wont say for fear of boring you all, but it was all in Japanese, and afterwords, I left with another member of the staff and had a nice talk with him on the way to the station and on the train.
I have been running a bunch, training for the sports festival, and I have a bike fit this saturday. I will get that done, and then spend some money on my bike, because I want to ride really really really badly, and maybe see if I can race some cross! I almost started crying when I saw all the results from this last weekend. I miss veloshop soooooooooooooooooooo much!
I wrote calligraphy for 2 hours yesterday, 3 hours today, will write 1 hour tomorrow, and 2 on the day after!

Maybe I should ask my teacher if I can write "bicycle"? Cyclocross and Veloshop dont have characters, so that would be hard.

Peter

5 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger yr ma said...

Dear Peter,

I will be interested to hear about your discussion with your counselor. I also have some questions for you, but I'll put them in an email. Running? Calligraphy? Two and one half hour discussions in Japanese? What an explemplary lifestyle you lead.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger roger said...

Sounds like things are looking up, with biking on your agenda. I'll be leading your cheering section. I'm still going 4 days a week to the gym, trying to get in shape for what I'm not quite sure. Much love from Denver

 
At 2:28 AM, Anonymous Andy W said...

Peter:

Was out at Hood River last week and remembered to steer clear of the speed bumps ;). Not really -- actually, I broke a bone in my shoulder two thursdays ago when a full size pickup truck crossed the bike lane in front of me, pulling into the Fred Meyer parking lot at Lombard and Interstate. I think I hit right between the cab and the bed, so didn't leave a dent that I could see as I slipped into shock.

I am going to sit out a couple races.

Really bad timing - three days before local racing started.

Anyhow - hang in there!

Andy

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Peter said...

Andy! And I thought I was poorly off. Pity to hear that you had a bad experience like that, as well as having to miss out on cross, I know what that is like. But, I can say with experience, that it isn't the end of the world, and I am really glad to hear that truck only took you out of a couple races!

Peter

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter-
When will you be home? Hopefully in time for Track. ;) Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home