Sunday, November 25, 2007

Things mildly or less or more important to me.

I first met El Lissitzky at a coffee shop, horribly inappropriately named "CBGB in Tokyo" or something like that, in the back streets of Ikebukuro.

I was attempting to read a book about the Bauhaus, but my German is, virtually nonexistant. A frequent conversation between me and the German at the office goes as such:
me: dieses ist eine Scheißearbeit
him: at least your japanese is good.

Anyway, I was flipping the pages of the book, when I came across a something of El Lissitzky's, but, being me, I have completely forgotten what it was, but I was smart enough to write his name down on my hand so I could look it up when I got home.

Pity I didn't like anything I saw in the book.

I try very hard to not like things for their shape, as thats not the important part.

Unfortunately, that is a lot harder to do than one would think.

Art is oh so very important to me, or at least I think so, and yet I still tend to hate everything I see.


I've been very very very busy recently, and have mostly forgotten most of what has happened, but all I know is that I am getting cold.

And bored. And a handful of other adjectives, most of which can't seem to make it from my mind to my fingertips to the keyboard to the input text box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home