Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Springtime in rural Minnesota.

I rode my bike for 4 hours through the cold and wind yesterday. It hurt really badly, but mostly my hands and lower back.
Then came today. Today was one of those days where any idiot in even their wrong mind would only venture for the necessary, but, as everyone who reads this blog knows, I am not your ordinary idiot. So, I woke up, got my bike ready, and rode through 4-5 inches of snow and ice for about an hour. I would have ridden more, but my waterbottles froze.

Bummer.

I will have to think of something else to do today.

Cross country skiing anybody?

4 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

n't so...tell me you're coming "home" to portland. What about Nikki and I being your step-moms? What will Veloshop do with the sudden adn harsh realization that we no longer have our beloved Peter. It was only supposed to be a year...and now it is an eternaty? Sigh, well I guess that xc skiing is good training for cyclocross. We're ganna miss you! -Michelle

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has your family moved to Minnesota? We didn't realize that. Your younger brother didn't follow your and Alex's examples of volunteering for us so we're out of the loop. Cross country skiing sounds like a good idea. No harm in saving the cycling for better weather. Good luck with acclimating both to being back in the US and in Minnesota.

Kate from the library

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Jed Floding said...

Well Peter, being from MN I can speak very highly of the quality of xc skiing there. Winter bike riding? No, not really. I don't know where you are living in MN, but if you're near Detroit Lakes find Jay Richards in Callaway. Semi-pro mtn bike racer and an extremely nice guy. If your near Duluth find J.R. Fabroni or Jay Henderson. More extremely friendly cyclists. I'll keep in touch. Peace.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Peter!

Welcome back to the good 'ol fat land, USA. We missed ya. I am glad to hear that you are continuing to ride in the frigid temps, no less. I have not been on my bike in ages, in fact I might as well be considered a runner, yup. Minnesoda, yah u betcha, yah. Totally awesome! What a spectrum of change in one week. -Maybe I'll be riding with the team again by the time you visit us!?! We wish you well Peter! Maybe u can establish a Veloshop tag-team in the soda? -Nikki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home