Friday, June 09, 2006

Japanese boys.

Japanese boys are, well, I dont really know how to describe them. Of course you cant describe all of them at the same time, but they are absolutely nuts. I will only talk about a couple odd occurances here. First, I was standing in the cafeteria (called the canteen (sp?)) at school, and was eating my ice cream, when these two middle school third years (the equivalent to a freshman in highschool) come up to me. I have talked with these particular two several times before, and from looking at them, I would have called them pretty cool, not at all like little kids. Whoops. One of them walks up to me, and without saying anything, starts to play with my hair. He pets it, floofs it, runs his fingers through it, and just usually hair things. Meanwhile, I stand there, with a straight face, eating my ice cream, for about a minute, and then I burst out laughing. He doesnt say anything, he just walks off.
Just a quick comment on the 'cool' thing. One of the other American exchange students, Chris, told me about a kid at his school, who is really popular, handsome, a super break dancer, and has a Stitch stuffed animal on his cellphone. The Japanese have some odd fetish with Stitch. What ever happened to Lilo? Doesnt her name come first in the movie title?
Two, I was coming home on the train last night, and there were these two highschools, with somewhat spiked hair, sagging, loose ties, and just sorta 'chillin' on the train. One of them sees me, laughs, whispers something to his friend, and waves at me. They were standing about 15 feet away from me, and they just waved. They didnt say anything, they just made silly gestures. Then, when the train was nearing my stop, I stood up straight, and they just stared. One of them starting making hand signals meaning that I was really tall. I passed them as I walked off the train, and said in Japanese that I was 190 cm tall. They looked really really shocked.
Thats all I can think of right now, but I will post more when I think of them.

I exchanged my emergency American today, which means I am sort of in the clear, I have about 8000 yen, but I dont know if it will last me until my new card arrives.

Peter

ps. Chris, can you think of any other funny Japanese teenage boy stories
Chris S., was that really a joke from Halp?

4 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yesss it was a joke. that old man always seems to get a kick out of making fun of other people, and confusing them for the matter.

go enjoy japan. post more bo peep women.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger MasterTaco said...

Haha, ya, I have had alot of wierd experiences with Japanese guys :)

But ya, more or less the fact that Japanese high school students act a lot less mature than their American counterparts.

Like you said, there are a ton of people with Disney characters hanging off their cell phones, like the guys who were hanging out at this one party at my school, drinking beer, but playing with their cell phones that had a huge Stitch hanging from it.

But ya, the oddest thing I've heard about was an experience from Erick, where he was just sitting in class, and out of Nowhere, one kid stands up, makes an upside down V with his arms, and shouts "I'm Tokyo Tower!" and then sit back down in the middle of class.
Strange stuff, this country ^^

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

mac cosmetics, lululemon, ghd, nike air max, longchamp, herve leger, asics running shoes, hollister, new balance, wedding dresses, iphone cases, mont blanc, nike trainers, nike air max, soccer shoes, vans shoes, mcm handbags, ray ban, louboutin, beats by dre, abercrombie and fitch, vans, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, valentino shoes, hollister, north face outlet, hollister, bottega veneta, birkin bag, converse outlet, timberland boots, instyler, north face outlet, giuseppe zanotti, babyliss, soccer jerseys, oakley, lancel, p90x workout, ralph lauren, insanity workout, gucci, nike huarache, chi flat iron, celine handbags, nike roshe, reebok shoes, ferragamo shoes, jimmy choo shoes

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

supra shoes, karen millen, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose outlet, swarovski, moncler, moncler, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry, canada goose, moncler, toms shoes, coach outlet, hollister, louis vuitton, canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, moncler, thomas sabo, pandora charms, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, doudoune canada goose, links of london, juicy couture outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, wedding dresses, montre pas cher, bottes ugg, ugg pas cher, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, moncler, moncler, moncler outlet, marc jacobs, canada goose, ugg boots uk, pandora jewelry, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora charms, canada goose uk, replica watches

 

Post a Comment

<< Home