Thursday, June 08, 2006

Exchange this and exchange that.

The first word that has exchange after it that I will use is student. Exchange student. 3 of the members in the international course at school came back from their year long exchange, so I now have three more people to talk to, as well as all of them can relate to what I am experiencing. The others will come back in the next month or so.
The second word is program. Exchange program. I went and met with my counselor today, we talked of this and that. He is trying to find a 2 week homestay for me in the Kansai (Kyoto, Osaka, Nara) area while my class is on their trip to Canada, so that I can see all the cool things there. While I was there, I met a girl who I had met at my first orientation, and she will be going abroad shortly. She is half Japanese and half Korean, and I didnt know this until I saw that she had Korean written on her hand. When I saw this, I said the only word I know in Korean (hello) and then I quadrupled my Korean vocabulary! She is very friendly, and we exchange cellphone email addresses, so that we can meet up sometime, and so a little English/Korean teaching. She lives and goes to school rather close to me, so that should be pretty easy. While I was talking with my counselor, we talked about one other exchange word.
Exchanging money. I found my emergency American cash, and will try to get it exchanged into yen as soon as possible, which will give me some 7000 yen or so. I have about 70 bucks US, but with exchange fees and such.

This and that. I got a call the otherday from a kid who is an exchange student in Japan. He went to Lincoln. He is the cousin of a friend of mine from MLC. We are going to try and meet up sometime soon.

Peter

Oh yeah, I corrected the head of international course's english. That was a blast.

5 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger MasterTaco said...

So...did you get the card situation worked out? >_<
Also...you play DDR?! :D

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll prolly find this even funnier than I did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G7h626wJwM
Dame da shin da!
Stay chill, see you in a week,
Dash

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry part of the link got cut here it is in full:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G7h626wJwM

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one more time in full http://www.youtube.com/
watch?v=-G7h626wJwM

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Peter said...

I do DDR like I pick up chicks. I try pretty hard, and fail miserably.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home