Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Another action packed day.

Woke up, ate, went to school with my brother. Sounds like a blast! School wasn't especially eventful, we had a health exam, and by that I don't mean a test, but everyone in the school went to the nurse's office. That was also pretty dull. But, some fun things did happen. I had calligraphy, and the calligraphy set that I ordered came, which is neat, I used an English to Chinese character dictionary that my teacher showed me to translate my name into chinese characters, but none of my friends could read it. After school, I went to Ikebukuro, and got my summer uniform, which is the short leave shirts, but I dont have a sweater vest, which is kind of a bummer. After taht, not really wanting to go home, as both my brothers had clubs today, I wondered around for a while. I found a bike shop, and looked at wheels, I will be able to commute to school soon, and my wheels are old. This shop sold Surlys which was kinda fun to see. After that I wandered over to Zoshigaya, which is a famous cemetary. Natsume Soseki is buried there, but after about 45 minutes of walking the rows, I couldnt find it, so I started to head home. The only time it rained today was when I was on the subway, which was lucky for me. When I got home, my little brother (just turned 13) tought be how to play Shogi, which is Japanese chess. It is super cool, and much more interesting that what I knew as chess. I won my first game ever! Here is the thing with the keyboards. They are fairly similar to standard keyboards, butg I have to deal with all the special Japanese keys, and the puncuation marks are in different places. Also, the space bar is really short, so I commonly hit this button that switches between the various alphabets (actually syllaberies, but English is an alphabet, so that is the one I used) which causes something weird to happen and for me to repeat words words, causes me to repeat words.

or something like that

PEter

3 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy howdy Peter,
I was just checking in. Wanted to let you know I switched emails to upallnightcomics@gmail.com, and was wondering if there was any news on the Ghibli tickets? Can I play Shogi with you in three weeks? (It's only three weeks wheeee! I'm so excited). Well, hope everything is well, I'm looking foreward to seeing you soon. Dash

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Peter. I haven't left any comments before, but I check your blog every day. Shogi sounds pretty cool, I'd like to try to play it some time. Anyway, I kind of just realized that you had no evidence that I was keeping track of you, so decided to make my presence known. Keep rockin the Tokyo.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home