Saturday, May 06, 2006

Picking up chicks.


Today makes me laugh. I opted not to go to Dennys and instead ate some Japanese breakfast food (pretty damn tasty) and then went to the konbini. konbini is the japanese word for convience store, and they are everywhere. I bought a liter of apple juice and a kitkat bar and went and sat in the park. I started to drink the apple juice and wonder what I want to do today, when along comes a decent looking girl and sits on the next bench over. I toke no real notice of this for some time, as I was pretty wrapped up in my apple juice. not really thinking of anything, I kinda look over and see a bunch of pidgeons. I ask the girl in japanese, what the japanese word for that kind of bird it. She answers, and I reach into my bag to get my notebook and write it down. She asks me if i am an exchange student, I say yes, yaddayadda, the usual questions. she too was an exchange student in highschool, whe went to Brisbane. Anyway, we just talked for some time, and she moves to the same bench as me, and we keep talking. A little while later, her phone rings, and she says she is going to meet a friend of hers, and asks if I would like to come along. Of course, I say yes, and off we go. We walked to her house, where we mounted some junkie japanese bikes and rode off. we rode through several very cool pretty parks, ate at a sushi-go-round that was actually really really damn good, and much cheaper than anything in the states, and rode some more, we found quite possibly the coolest playground ever. then we met Joji, who is a middle school friend of hers, and he is super cool. They are both college students, she is 22, and i think he is 23. We explored the campus of a japanese university (Hitosubashi university) and that was fun, then we had Taiyaki, which are tasty. They are traditionally sweet bean paste baked into waffle tasty like things shaped like fish. They are hella tasty. Then he left Joji, and Mikiko and I rode back. We rode past some super cool historically things very close to where we live (we live fairly near each other) and there I was thinking that that place was boring. I took a bunch of pictures, and that "ask a giraffe" one. It is a restaurant/cafe type place, but pricy so we didnt eat there. Then we rode home.
So, the best way to meet chicks is to ask them what a word is in their native language. Or at least that worked for me. Once.
Dash- I enjoyed Wrong about Japan enough, but it was way to rushed, and I wish he has talked a lot more about the cultural aspects like he did with Totaro. Oh yeah, the Ghibli museum is pretty close to my house. Send me your current flight stuff, and I will see if i can get tickets.

Peter

11 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out Okutama - approx 2 hours by train from Shinjuku but worth it. It's the last stop on the Ome line, or was when I was in Japan. there's a hiking trail along the river, so you can hike for a bit then hop back on the train for the return trip.

 
At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amusing pic. nice to hear that you're doing well.

 
At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, have you been to the Ghibli museum? Is it cool? I saw pictures but it looked like it was full of little kids on tour groups. If you think it's a fun place to go then yeah let me know, reservinr/getting tickets would be awesome.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Patrick said...

Just checking in on you Peter. I bet your parents are thrilled they sent you to Japan to hook up with the babes! Go get em' Tiger!!

"She asked me if I wanted to go, Of course I said yes" LOL!!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Peter said...

sam, I havent gotten out to ome yet, i rode sorta by there on my bike one time, and it is about an hour or so from my house. i will go check it out some time, thanks!
dash, i havent yet been to the ghibli museum, but i love Miyazakis stuff, and there was that part in Wrong about Japan. I will go see it today, and ask about tickets. It is about 10 miles from my house, I think i will walk there.
mom, i havent been to the national museum yet, hidetoshi and i only went to the zoo in the park, and the Ghibli museum is very dfficult to explain
Cali, of course i remember you, i am actually wearing that shirt right now. please tell chris i liked the part about my wet boxers not stopping me exploring the country.
patrick, was there something more appropriate that i could have said? im not very good in situations such as those?

Peter

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Peter said...

holy shit! i just googled okutama, that place looks absolutely beautiful! i cant wait to go. i will go next weekend.
thanks a heap sam

peter

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi son,

Hitotsubashi looks like a very interesting and distinguished, old university, the only one in Japan concentrating on the humanities and social sciences. Was the campus nice? How does it compare with American unis you've visited? Can you meet these folks again?

pa

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops!

you can go to:

http://www.hit-u.ac.jp/EnglishVersion/english/

to learn more.

ofd

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Patrick said...

Naw, it's all good!! That was pefect dude!!!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

mac cosmetics, lululemon, ghd, nike air max, longchamp, herve leger, asics running shoes, hollister, new balance, wedding dresses, iphone cases, mont blanc, nike trainers, nike air max, soccer shoes, vans shoes, mcm handbags, ray ban, louboutin, beats by dre, abercrombie and fitch, vans, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, valentino shoes, hollister, north face outlet, hollister, bottega veneta, birkin bag, converse outlet, timberland boots, instyler, north face outlet, giuseppe zanotti, babyliss, soccer jerseys, oakley, lancel, p90x workout, ralph lauren, insanity workout, gucci, nike huarache, chi flat iron, celine handbags, nike roshe, reebok shoes, ferragamo shoes, jimmy choo shoes

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

supra shoes, karen millen, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose outlet, swarovski, moncler, moncler, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry, canada goose, moncler, toms shoes, coach outlet, hollister, louis vuitton, canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, moncler, thomas sabo, pandora charms, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, doudoune canada goose, links of london, juicy couture outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, wedding dresses, montre pas cher, bottes ugg, ugg pas cher, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, moncler, moncler, moncler outlet, marc jacobs, canada goose, ugg boots uk, pandora jewelry, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora charms, canada goose uk, replica watches

 

Post a Comment

<< Home