Monday, May 01, 2006

Id love to go out with you, one quick question, whats your name?

now, (un?)fortunately, this conversation hasnt happened yet. but i was on the train with some girls from school today, and one of them said in japanese that i was pretty. i said in japanese thank you, and asked if she was telling the truth. she said that i was pretty in english. i again said thanks and thought to myself for a little bit. "cool, thats really awesome. now, i could tell her i think she is pretty back, and that might be fun, but wait. i dont even know her name!" that is often the case. i think i know the last name of everyone in my class now, plus a couple first names, but we dont use those. however, if you are in the international course, you use the first name, so I know a bunch of kids first names from the international course. this whole name thing is getting me down, becasue everyone knows my name, but noones tells me theres, unless we are hanging out or i ask, which for some reason is super awkward.

in the end, I told her in japanese that she was pretty.

damn, everyone in this stupid country is pretty

peter