Friday, April 07, 2006

School



Sorry about the whole sideways thing, but that is me in my uniform. I can and will get any close up shots that people want. So, my first day of school. Yesterday I went to school and met my teacher. Then I went and got said uniform. So, this morning, as I had to get up early, I set my alarm clock for 5:45. I went to bed about 11, and my body woke me up at 2, 4, 5, 5:15, and 5:30. I ate breakfast, got dressed in my snazy new digs, and left my house at 6:30. I boarded the 6:44 train to Shinjuku and was so nervous, my heart rate was probably 3 or 4 times what it should be. Anyway, I had no problems getting there, I met my teacher on the train and we talked, mostly in Japanese, and then we walked to school. I got to school about 7:45, which means that it takes about 75 minutes to get to school in the morning. Hmmm, I think my commute in Portland takes about 5. I was supposed to be at the teachers room at 8:20, so I wandered around and got lots of funny looks, stares, and of course, giggles. Oh boy. About 8 I met the other exchange student at the school. He is in a different program than I am, but we both wound up at Teikyo. His name is Adam and he is from Brisbane. We chatted for a bit, and then went to the teachers room. There, we talked with the head of the international course, and he told us that we could either wait there or go talk with all the girls that were waving at us from through the window. We chose the later. Then we went back to the teachers room, and introduced our selves to the entirety of the teachers. We then went to the big school assembly that was boring, but probably because I couldnt understand what was being said. I think it was just introductions. After that, my teacher took me the class, and I introduced myself to the class in Japanese. Then, everyone in the class introduced themselves in English. I dont know a single persons name. The english could use some work. I dont really remember anything about the class, but according to the teacher, the boys are very shy, and the girls are very domininant, or something like that. He wants me to be a leader. Oh shit. At least there were some cute girls in the class. Since it was just the opening day, we were free to leave about noon, and Adam and I went and got some food. That is twice in one week that I have eaten fast food, which is more than practically in the past two years. The other time was with Tomity. I ate lunch, in Japan, at Macdonalds, with a professional bike racer. How cool is that? The next several days at all tests, so my next day of school is the 13th. My school rocks, half day saturdays! Wait saturdays!? Fuck.

Peter

7 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

priceless. I'd give anything to be there in the flesh. Ankle socks, too!

love, pa.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm putting that photo in my locker. -D

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter you make my life....you are in a suit! Wow wow wow. I will write tomorrow..when im tired of editing my halpern paper. I second your mom on the fact you are brave...and enjoy her many questions. Yesterday in curry we saw nazis bike into Vienna and everyone was like "Peter!". I missed you.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Peter said...

contrary to whatever jiying thinks, i am not a nazi

peter

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too cute

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Peter said...

why thank you

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Peter you look so different, i miss you but am glad that you are having a good time, keep me posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home