Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Pictures


Ok, here we go. I can upload pictures at the cafe, but I dont know how to crop them, so they are about 3 meg a piece. So right now, I will only do one until I can crop them.
Here it is:
This is the tatami room at Seibuen Keirin. It is really funny to think that right next to all the bike parts, you have this pristine(sp?) tatami room. Well, not really prisitne, because right above the guy taking his pants off, they have a good luck charm in the form of a pinup calendar. But I like the juxtaposition of concrete floor with lots of choes, and tatami room with bike parts at the edge. Off to the left of the picture is where all the tools are, so that adds more to this really weird image. More when I figure out how.

Peter

4 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter,
Looking at your blog makes me think about the comment that friend of yours made at your party. About throwing away (his/her I can't remember) journal and how they'd wished they'd kept all the memories. Well the point I am trying to make is that your blog is shaping up to be a top-notch read. I guess I am biased but is nice to read a blog that actuall chronicals something significant and makes individual cultural events generally informative. You'll love having this blog one day. Cheers, -D

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A+ spelling and usage of pristine (and juxtaposition.) great pic, too. there's a picture tool in Windoze that let's you not crop, but just scale (which is what you want, usually) to something manageable like 640x480, shouldn't take you long to find. Mom is sending me a copy of the CD so I can maybe post some in comments and let you "caption" them.

love,

pa

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter--great to see your first photowith the familiar jumble of shoes, sandals where one enters the tatami area. i have slept many times very comfortably on a futon on a tatami floor. you must explain just what teirin riders are. sounds like full-time bikers who race as means of livelihood. wouldn't recommend you make it as life ambition..Keep the blogs coming. i love them

 
At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter, I'm so glad to hear you are settling in. I'm so impressed with your independence and courage - not everyone has the guts to get out there and do the exploring you're doing. I hope your first day at school is going well - take good care of yourself and be careful on that bike!
Peg S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home