Tuesday, April 18, 2006

hmm

I am getting this question alot: do I change rooms? Simple answer is no. I do go to a different classroom for geography and PE. The teachers are the ones who go from room to room. The lockers are all in the room, which makes the halls very clean. The school is very clean. Note to PPS: in Japan, the students clean all the rooms. something to think about for saving money? Speaking of questions i get a lot, just about everyone asks me a couple questions. 1) what music I like, so that we have some to talk about 2) what sports do I like (I told a couple guys that I raced bikes and they started touching my legs, it was really weird, but there were impressed by my ripped quads) and the worst question of all 3) do I have a girlfriend. Just about everysingel person I have met has asked me that question. Even the geography teacher said something along those lines today in class, the girls were introducing themselves (second day of class) and after one of them was done, the teacher asked me a question that I interpreted as "would you date her", but I said i didnt understand. I am also getting kinda sick of girls squeeling and saying the tradiational "haro", waving isnt so bad, but my hears hurt. I like correcting english, it makes everyone laugh. I am acutally now kind of iffy about getting an electronic dictionary because I corrected the english in it. It has speak function, and the pronounciation was wrong for this one word, but right for all the others. I wont say what that word was because it is a long story and I dont have much time.
Grandpa- I do have a counselor, he works for the exchange program and he is a pretty nice guy, he calls every so often, but right now I cant call him because the phone in my house broke, and my host family is pretty poor.
Speaking of phones, I went to find out about cellphones today, I t was pretty interesting, and whats more, I understood what the woman was saying.
Chris- could you please include a link to the blog in the cardinal times article, so that everyone in the school can read about my adventures.

Thats all I can think of for now
love

wait! thats right, 31 percent on the 288 compound test. I was hoping for 25, so I am pretty happy. I told my friends (who are writing the tests and helping me sutdy) that right now, speaking and listening was the most important thing, and the kanji is actually second right now.

love

PEter

4 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, unsurprisingly, the school system doens't sound all that different from korea. except the whole leg touching thing..... in any case peter, u should get a cell phone. As far as I remember, there were a lot more options and you could probably find one fairly cheap, especially if you go to like shinjuku or something and buy a used phone. 31% sounds about right considering how much harder school is; maybe if you're lucky, you'll break the 50% mark next time. ;) In any case, have fun and remember to go and explore tokyo on the weekends if you can. in particular, the fish market!

-Scott

 
At 3:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would still think hard about denshi jisho, you don't care if it pronounces English correctly, after all. There are a couple that you can actually write unknown kanji on with a stylus, these might be good. I'll get the numbers to you, about $300 or a little less. Canon v-80, perhaps? maybe the columbia guy's pages aren't just what you need. more later, love, pa

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will be sure to include a link to your site.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

mac cosmetics, lululemon, ghd, nike air max, longchamp, herve leger, asics running shoes, hollister, new balance, wedding dresses, iphone cases, mont blanc, nike trainers, nike air max, soccer shoes, vans shoes, mcm handbags, ray ban, louboutin, beats by dre, abercrombie and fitch, vans, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, valentino shoes, hollister, north face outlet, hollister, bottega veneta, birkin bag, converse outlet, timberland boots, instyler, north face outlet, giuseppe zanotti, babyliss, soccer jerseys, oakley, lancel, p90x workout, ralph lauren, insanity workout, gucci, nike huarache, chi flat iron, celine handbags, nike roshe, reebok shoes, ferragamo shoes, jimmy choo shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home