Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Back post 3: Shirakawagou


A couple days ago, my whole family woke up early, piled into the car, drove to Kyoto station to pick my little brothers girlfriend ("Shes not my girlfriend!" he protests) and then we started driving. And we didnt really stop. Well, thats not true, we stopped for lunch at this really cool restaurant that I cant really describe, except that I had the softest meat I have ever eaten there. It was fucking delicious! Then we kept driving. We left the station about 8:30 and we arrived at out final destination about 1:30 or so. Our final destination was a world heritage site called Shirakawagou. Seen here in the pictures are the houses which make the place so famous. Being up in the mountains, the food is much different than the food in Kyoto. They have all the same things, but it tastes much better in Shirakawagou. We walked around there for a while, then piled back in the car and drove back. My little brothers notgirlfriend is adorable. She is going to do a 10 day homestay in Australia in like a week or so (at like 13?) and so mom told me before we met that she was really eager to practice her English. but whenever I spoke to her in English, she just sorta blushed and didnt say anything. ?. My little brother brought back home from school a letter from the girl/girls parents and in it they thanked everyone very much, and had a little something for my parents, and then the little girl had included a little piece of strap(the things you hang off your cellphone) for me. what did her boyfriend get? Yeah, nothing.

I want my own girlfriend, not my little brothers!

Peter

ps. If anyone wants more details/pictures of any of my adventures, just ask, and I will post them up. I am looking into getting an account on some site like Flickr of Photobucket to post my pictures, but Im not sure there are any sites that want to upload like 5 gig(!) of my photos.

5 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just looking at a series of pictures I google-imaged of Shirakawagou. Incredible. I'm so pleased you got up there, and it seems as though your family is really doing right by you, what a nice change. and I'm glad there are so many pictures we'll get to see at some point. Can you burn some CDs for us? much better than Flickr, which doesn't let you put up the high res. ones, they take up too much space.

keep up the great work,

pa

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Peter said...

ach! more spam bots!

peter

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home