Wednesday, May 10, 2006

speaking english

So, I told my friends that I sometimes call home at lunch, and that if any of them wanted to speak english, they should come with me, and I would have them talk to one of my friends. Well, they were all too scared, but today, I dragged a couple classmates to a phone, and they talked. Not all of them wanted to talk, so they played rock-paper-scissors, and the loser talked first. Bad at english my ass. ok, well, so maybe they arent perfect, but I would say (and Im sure Sarah S. would too) that they english is pretty decent. The first kid was pretty decent, and then after that, I made teh other 4 of them talk. It was mostly short introductions, and somevery basic questions, but it was good practice for them. Afterwords, they all said it was fun and interesting. i did something right!!!! I think that from now on, about once a week, I will take the kids down to the phone, and have them practice with my friends. it was fun.

peter

2 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's paying your phone bills!? (just kidding.) Yeah, that's a cute idea, it makes the whole reason to learn a language so much more concrete. I wonder whether these kids would do so well speaking English face-to-face with American kids? Can you get them to do it with you? Does talking over the phone reduce the embarrassment factor?

love,

da

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

mac cosmetics, lululemon, ghd, nike air max, longchamp, herve leger, asics running shoes, hollister, new balance, wedding dresses, iphone cases, mont blanc, nike trainers, nike air max, soccer shoes, vans shoes, mcm handbags, ray ban, louboutin, beats by dre, abercrombie and fitch, vans, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, valentino shoes, hollister, north face outlet, hollister, bottega veneta, birkin bag, converse outlet, timberland boots, instyler, north face outlet, giuseppe zanotti, babyliss, soccer jerseys, oakley, lancel, p90x workout, ralph lauren, insanity workout, gucci, nike huarache, chi flat iron, celine handbags, nike roshe, reebok shoes, ferragamo shoes, jimmy choo shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home