Tuesday, July 24, 2007

東京藝術大学

Tokyo Geijutsu Daigaku
Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music

Is the best art school in country.

Today was a beautiful day, so I went across town to Ueno Park, which is where GeiDai is, and went to their museum, where they had a wonderful show on Utagawa Hiroshige's Hundred Scenes of Edo. They have all of them. Wow.

Anyway, I thought that it, and the school, were pretty cool, so I tried something gutsy. I walked into the admissions office and asked if it was possible to enroll. I little while later I walked out with a lot of paperwork encluding some of last years tests, just to get a look a head, several various pamphlets, and a phone number for a place where I needed to pick the application form for the Japanese University Entrance Exam for Foreigners. It was only then that I found out that the deadline is this Friday!! Damn good timing!

I am going to fill it out, and see what happens.

http://www.geidai.ac.jp/

1 Comments:

At 2:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Holy crap, you rock! Break a leg on the application. Wish I could've seen the Hiroshige with you! I love my Hiroshige tattoo. I could look at his pieces for hours. If you ever get a chance, look up(ok, she's dead) Elizabeth Keith: she visited Japan 1915 or so and learned woodblock printing. Amazing and different western "eye" but flavored by her time in Japan aesthetically. I like the culture blend. You may hate it. Let me know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home