Wednesday, June 27, 2007

News Indigest.

I just got off the phone with someone at a Matsuya, a Japanese style fastfood chain, about waribashi, or disposable chopsticks. I wanted to know if it was possible to get the used ones that they were going to throw away, and use them for an architecture project. There is a small competition, the flyer of which I picked up at an exhibition, which is only open to students(I hope I count!) and the key point is recycle. I have wanted to make something with chopsticks for a while now, originally a bridge, the word for bridge and chopstick being the same, but this contest finally found a use for it. I hope that I will be able to a) get chopsticks at all b) build the thing, and c) build it before the deadline, which is sometime in July.

SHIT! the zoo competition is also due in July. Hmmm, I think I might be boned for both!

The highpoint of my day? I beat a Lotus in a race today. Well, actually, he didn't know that we were racing, but we was stuck in traffic, and I wasn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home