Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Why does this always happen to me?!?!?

Recently, I have been going to a lot of architecture exhibits, exhibitions, museums, galleries, etc, etc, because I keep thinking that that is really what I want to do. I keep thinking that going to these places are going to help me come up with ideas, or give me ideas as to what it might be like.

Take today: I went to the Tokyo Institute of Technology's (Tokyo Kogyo Daigaku) graduate exhibition. Now, I do try to realize that these are all graduating graduate students, that they are more than 5 years older than me, and all have had many years of training, but when ever I see the models and posters and ideas that are on display, at ANY of the places that I go to, I want to give it up. Just like that, I can't do anything anywhere close to this, fuck it, I'm done.

It really, really gets to me.

1 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Peter,
Don't give up so easily. None of that stuff was built in a day. You have got to do the things that are important to you and you may need to give it more of a try. It can be intimidating to look at the results of other people's work, but they did not just do that over night (they probably did it over several nights) Design is a process which takes trial and error. The answer is not necessarily in the first or second or third idea, but in the testing of those ideas. Ok. Long preachy comment. Point is, just go try it. You can't really know until you try.

IKH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home