Wednesday, November 01, 2006

China.

Scott, last I recalled neither China or Japan liked Korea, and Korea didn't seem to like them very much either. And I'm not even gonna start with the North.
Dash, I think you missed a couple.
Jiying, the new prime minister is a pretty interesting sounding guy, and he has been talking (successfully?) with both China and Korea, and the initial results at least look positive. The economy could certainly brighten up.

I think it is now time for me to announce a plan of mine. I am still waiting to hear back from my older brother about this, but I think I might try to get his old job teaching English at the Zhenhua school in Suzhou. Yeah, I think my next country will be China.

Which makes this really good timing: I was standing at the station talking with a friend of mine, and a man standing next to us, interrupts and starts asking me questions. He is a professor at Teikyo University, and does a lot of exchange student things, in particular China(!) and wanted to talk to me about my exchange. I am going to meet him after school at the Teikyo University, which is like 60 seconds from my school.

Then on Friday I go to Nara for a day to see the annual Shosoin exhibition. Shosoin is a very old wooden building, in which hundreds of ancient royal treasures are stored. The exhibit is at the local museum, and I will go down early in the morning and come back late at night, because on Saturday I am meeting Hidetoshi and he is gonna show me around Waseda, and then on Sunday I am going to a bike trade show!

Peter

3 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, you're not planning on coming back to Portland are you??
oh, PS
nazis aren't welcome in China.
that's right
ha
and have fun learning chinese i suppose?

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Peter said...

I'm not a nazi!

and I will have fun learning Chinese.

Wo xi huan wo!

Peter

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol story of asia in a nutshell. We don't like anyone else in Asia and they don't like us... hmm its actually a lot like pre ww1 europe down to the arms buildups in each country...

-Scott

ps: how much longer do you have left in japan?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home