Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Present Futures for Illogical Pasts.

I, and with that I think that most people do (or at least should), have a great deal of trouble coming to terms/grasping who I have become from where I came from.

Hmm. Thats not a convoluted sentence at all.

So, here I to meet a person from many years ago, who was my friend back then, and had to try and explain myself to them, I have trouble believe that they could ever grasp that. Now, I have plenty of trouble coming to terms with who I have become myself, but, for example, anybody who I went to, say, Lincoln with, heard some of the ways I have been describing myself now, I doubt they would be able to understand what happened.

Now, in all honesty, I don't really understood what happened either.

Lets try and put it this way:
I'm not the same person that my past would have grown up to be.
If you tried to make a logical regression from who I am now in order to find out who I was, the past of my current self is not the same as the past that I lived.

Meaning that, it should also therefore be impossible to attempt to predict my own future, assuming that anything so illogical should ever illogically happen again.


Fuck my life.

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your talking nonsense. Life is simple. What you have done in the past determines who you are today and what you do today determines who you will be or what you will be doing in the future. For example, I decided to practice Japanese each day four years ago, now I find myself being able to read it. If you hang around with Japanese people for a couple or years I suppose you'll find yourself being 'Japanese.'

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you know where you are headed and are confident (which it seems like you are from you most recent entry) you are fortunate. You aren't who you were yesterday let alone four years ago. And you're right, it is/was incomprehensible to picture, but what I was wishing while eating the agedashi was that there were more todays to enjoy with the yous with you. How's that for convoluted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home