Sunday, October 19, 2008

Theories.

A brief and abridged translation from a section of my Japanese blog.

American is a melting pot of cultures, with lots and lots of pieces of this and that, but doesn't really have a distinct cultural identity.

I Think this was possibly the main reason that upon moving to Japan, being brought up by Japanese, I have a great deal of trouble relating to people here in America, and feel much more Japanese than anything else.

I'm not American, or Japanese, nor I am really Asian American, so I think I will call myself an American Asian. (that isn't really from the blog, but its a slight translator's liberty.)


I feel very strange.

2 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is one way in which you feel out of place?

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you give me the link to your Japanese blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home