Monday, March 13, 2006

Visa

I got my Certificate of Eligibilty the other day. That is the paperwork that I need in order to get my visa. I'm gonna go to the consulate this week. That place is sweet. I went to the predeparture orientation on friday. That was really weird. The program leader gave me a packet of stuff to know. Most of them are rules: no drugs, no sex, no getting married, no adopting children, no changing religion, the usual stuff.

Me: One question
Her: Yes
Me: There is the really cool thing in Japan called keirin, so basically, can I gamble?
Her: Uh.

Yes I can! Sorry, there goes all hope of any of my friends getting souveniers. Unless my cyclist wins.

9 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes till my plan takes off, but who's counting?

Peter

3 Comments:

At 3:56 AM, Blogger Molly Cameron said...

I just ran into your dad with your visa. We got coffee at Stumptown...

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Patrick said...

Good luck Peter and don't spend all your money gambling. Or perhaps you could win the $$$ you need to buy the new pocket translator. Gambling is bad, then again the Shunter and I are doing a MTB race this weekend called the Dash for Cash, isn't that the same thing???

Have fun, I've always thought you had your head on straight.......

"I like bikes. And Japanese girls"

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No sex? Psh. Who are they kidding?

-Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home